As part of my writer residency at Seven Sisters Country Park & along the Sussex Heritage Coast, commissioned by the South Downs National Park, I am writing a new body of mythopoetic, speculative stories, following on from my prologue audio story, We See You Now, (listen above).
Alongside this, I have been creating the collective context to curate further writing across digital, live and print platforms, interweaving decolonised perspectives on the multiple identities of this coastal landscape, connection with the more-than-human, reflections on ecological loss, & future, collective dreaming. You can read more about my work across this landscape since May 2020, here , through writing/walking retreats with writers of global majority heritage based in the South East (produced by Writing our Legacy). The creative refuge offered by the landscape & a sense of solidarity & kinship through what has been an intense time of change, has been a key driver for the evolution of the project.
The We See You Now programme includes:
- Dialogues with writers/activists of colour across the landscape through my residency podcast, The Colour of Chalk
- New writing in audio form commissioned and embedded across the landscape & online & live with a full launch this autumn.
- Writers retreats and follow-up writer days across the landscape & online. Ongoing.
- A self-access, downloadable writing prompts and walking guide available from this autumn.
- A We See You Now publication with submissions nurtured through the programme.
- Talks, dialogues, writing workshops and broadcasts. Listen to my Radio 3 into the Wild /The Essay writer/presenter piece here for a flavour of my current work.